Civil Design Engineer - Permanent Position
Your new company
My client is a well-established Civil and Structural consultancy operating in a variety of markets, both locally and nationally. The business was started over 30 years ago and has since built up a fantastic reputation in delivering some of the most complex Civil and Structural projects in the UK. They service their clients from multiple UK offices and currently have a variety of live projects including Residential, Industrial and Commercial.
Your new role
In your new role you will join a well established team of experience Civil Engineers and Technicians. You will work alongside other engineers, delivering a range of highways and drainage schemes for development projects. You will undertake detailed design, S278/38 and 104s. You will use 3D design software for your design work, using both Civil3D and Micro Drainage. This role offers excellent career progression pand support for you to achieve Chartership statue.
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be Educated to degree level.
- Client and local authority liaison experience is very important
- A willingness to train junior staff members is essential
- Varied project experience is desirable but with ideally a focus on commercial (retail, leisure, mixed-use, etc.) and industrial
- Familiarity of common highway and drainage sectional agreements (S38, S278,S104, S185) is essential
- Must be an experienced user of Microdainage and (ideally) Civils 3D, although users of other packages should still apply
- Excellent numeracy/general mathematics understanding are essential
- Capability of complex S278 design is desirable
- Ability to produce drainage strategies and zone 1 FRAs is desirable
- Must be proficient in use of AutoCAD
- Good organisation, communication and presentation skills are essential - a good understanding of general processes and quality assurance standards is desirable
- All candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
What you'll get in return
You will receive a highly competitive salary dependent on experience and benefits package along with a flexible holiday allowance. Flexible working options is also available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly