Highways Design Engineer
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise. They currently have an opening for a Highways Design Engineer to join their team in Central London on a full-time permanent basis.
You will join a team who work on major prestigious highways projects and this opportunity will therefore enable you to advance your career whilst achieving personal growth and development.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract,
- Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site,
- To meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients' needs and to respond to targets set by others,
- To assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, CEng MICE or near Chartered,
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- Experience and proficiency with Civils 3D is essential for this role,
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
If you aspire to join a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors then this could be the role for you
To apply for this Highways Design Engineer vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.
Apply for Highways Design Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly