Highways Design Engineer
Our client is a global engineering consultancy firm who are well-known within the industry for their extensive Civil, Structural, Geotechnical, Construction & Digital engineering expertise. They currently have an opening for a Highways Design Engineer to join their team in Central London on a full-time permanent basis.
You will join a team who work on major prestigious highways projects and this opportunity will therefore enable you to advance your career whilst achieving personal growth and development.
- Preparing schemes for tender using the NEC3 family of Forms of Contract,
- Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works including use of Specification for Highway Works and the Standard Method of Measurement.
- Undertaking feasibility studies including preparing reports, cost estimates, investigating problems, and identifying of options.
- Supervising and monitoring works on site,
- To meet the requirements of programmes of work, to meet clients' needs and to respond to targets set by others,
- To assist in preparing fee estimates and bid work.
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in Civil Engineering,
- A Chartered Engineer, CEng MICE or near Chartered,
- A minimum of 5 years post qualification experience in the design, implementation and supervision of all aspects of highways and civil engineering design and construction.
- Experience and proficiency with Civils 3D is essential for this role,
- An extensive knowledge and understanding of the relevant legislation, standards and procedures.
- A working knowledge of standard highway and civil engineering specifications, conditions of contract and methods of measurement.
- Working knowledge of the relevant legislation and guidelines including the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges, British and European Standards, Eurocodes and Codes of Practice.
If you aspire to join a large international consultancy working on complex & iconic projects across various sectors then this could be the role for you
To apply for this Highways Design Engineer vacancy, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham.