Principal Civil Engineer
Permanent Position - Project Leader/Associate Civil Engineer - Birmingham City Centre
Your new company
Due to strong growth, our client are now recruiting for a Project Leader or Associate Civil Engineer to join the team based in Birmingham City Centre, with agile working where necessary. Your new company are a leading global professional services firm of over 5,000 consultants who define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. They are a modern and innovative consultancy who strive to put their clients first, providing a high quality service to create efficient & sustainable outcomes on every project.
Your new role
This is a dynamic role with an experienced team and a strong pipeline of interesting projects. You will undertake detailed design of all civil engineering elements on residential, commercial and retail development schemes and ensure those designs are fully value engineered, suitable for adoption and most importantly to the clients brief and expectations. Take responsibility of financial aspects of the various schemes including producing fee proposals, negotiating fee agreements, monitoring costs, revenue and profit. Development of new work streams particularly in the residential sector as well as assisting with leading and developing a team of engineers within the engineering department.
What you'll need to succeed
As an experienced Project Leader and Civil Engineer, you will have a wealth of experience in the design of roads and sewers and possess the required skills to not only manage others but also to communicate at all levels and engage successfully with clients and local authorities.
- You will have a proven track record in delivering quality Civil Engineering solutions and designs for infrastructure, highways and particularly residential, commercial and retail development projects which achieved or exceeded the client's expectations
- Possession of relevant knowledge and experience of residential, commercial and retail schemes
- The ability to develop and build on existing client contacts to successfully bring in new work streams
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, Windes and PDS or XP Site 3D
- 7 to 10 years' experience in the design of Civil designs for residential developments
- Excellent Engineering Technical knowledge as well as excellent analytical
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Private Healthcare, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.