Senior Project Engineer
Permanent position - Principal Civil Engineer - Flood Risk Assessment
Your new company
Due to strong growth, our client are now recruiting for a Project Leader or Principal Civil Engineer to join the Flood Risk Assessment team in delivering projects and solutions for our clients as we solve problems that matter. Your new company are a leading global professional services firm of over 5,000 consultants who define, design and manage projects that create shared value in a complex, urbanising and resource-scarce world. They are a modern and innovative consultancy who strive to put their clients first, providing a high quality service to create efficient & sustainable outcomes on every project.
Your new role
This is a dynamic role which will use all your expertise in the design of all civil engineering elements of residential schemes, working with an experienced team and a strong pipeline of interesting projects.
- Preliminary conceptual and final detailed design of all civil engineering elements of a residential, commercial and retail schemes is essential, and that those designs are fully value engineered, suitable for adoption and most importantly to the clients brief and expectations.
- Development of drainage and levels designs to allow discharge of drainage conditions
- Ability to take responsibility of financial aspects of the various schemes including producing fee proposals, negotiating fee agreements, monitoring costs, revenue and profit etc.
- Assist with leading and developing a team of engineers within the engineering department.
- Development of new work streams particularly in the residential sector throughout the UK
- Able to build and develop good client relationships
What you'll need to succeed
As an experienced Project Engineer and Leader, you will have a proven track record in delivering quality Civil Engineering solutions and designs for infrastructure, highways and particularly residential, commercial and retail scheme development projects which have achieved or exceeded the client's expectations.
- You will have significant relevant knowledge and experience of the residential, commercial and retail schemes
- Essential and key is the ability to develop and build on existing client contacts to successfully bring in new work streams
- Proficient in use of AutoCAD, Windes and PDS or XP Site 3D
- 7 to 10 years' experience in the design of Civils designs for residential developments
- Excellent Engineering Technical knowledge as well as excellent analytical skills.
- Extensive knowledge of DMRB standards, and highway and drainage agreement processes with highway and sewerage authorities.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: 24 days holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Private Healthcare, Group Disability Scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Project Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly