Director of Building Structures
Conrad Consulting is now supporting a globally recognised brand to appoint a Director of Building Structures to their team in Birmingham.
With over 5000 staff around the world, they are firmly established and renowned for delivering some flagship projects. However, a key interest remains in the local market delivering smaller but fundamental work which offers a great balance of projects size.
Our client is active in most sectors but is particularly successful within the tall building space (mainly commercial) as well as arts & culture, healthcare, leisure/sporting, and education facilities.
Following a consistent demand throughout 2019/20 they are looking for a business unit leader to join them and propel the building structures division forward into a new and exciting chapter.
This role is best suited to a Chartered Structural Engineer who has experience at leadership level, having operated as an Associate at minimum, but could also be an existing director looking for a new challenge.
Ideally you will have experience in the local market and while this is not essential, your experience must be within the UK structures market.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- You will lead the building structures team, working alongside the civils and building services teams
- Be responsible for delivery of existing projects while identifying new opportunities for the business
- Assist with the career appraisals of people within the Civil & Structural team
- Create development plans for junior team members ensuring they professional development is high on the agenda
- Report directly to board level to plan and execute business improvement strategies
- Consistently working towards a business expansion plan
An attractive remuneration package from £90,000 - £120,000 will be offered, depending on your specific experience at leadership level.
We appreciate senior appointments are highly sensitive and as such, when you click apply, please rest assured your application will be treated with complete discretion. We will contact you to disclose our client's details and only if you are still happy to proceed would we share your CV with our client.