Principle /Senior Highways Engineer
Senior / Principle Highways Engineer - Exciting opportunity to join a global company
Principal/Senior Highways Engineer
A leading global professional services firm with over 5000 consultants and service providers. Working in 125 countries across all six continents. Proud of the quality tailored solutions they provide to their clients which generate high volumes of repeat business and they are confident they can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
As a Principal or Senior Engineer you will join the Highways team as they continue to move the business forward. Working within the office but with flexibility for agile working, this is an exceptional opportunity for an experienced engineer.
This position is key to the success of the team and the most suitable candidate will most likely have extensive experience in a design role gained within a consultancy producing design packages for technical approval and construction. Familiarity and proficiency in the application of relevant design standards (e.g. DMRB) are expected, as is experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages. This is a dynamic and exciting role for a candidate looking to progress their career and who enjoys working independently and as part of a team.
Including but not limited to:
* Production of schematic/concept designs and design calculations within defined timescales;
* Liaising with other construction professionals in the development of designs;
* Directing Technicians in the production of AutoCAD and Civils 3D drawings;
* Undertaking quality reviews of designs prior to issue;
* Liaison with Statutory Bodies (e.g. Highways England or Local Authority);
* Analysis and design of earthworks;
* Visiting sites and attending site meetings;
* Participation in internal project team meetings;
* Attendance at external design meetings with clients and other design team members;
* Preparing correspondence, reports and specifications.
* Working closely as required with support functions , such as HR, Finance, Marketing / Bid
* Leading by example to exhibit defined behaviours and appropriate personal/professional conduct
* Additional duties as required
* Degree in Civil Engineering. Chartered Engineer, MICE or MCIHT
* Essential Skills:
* Experience in the production and approval of S278/S38 highway design packages
* Sound knowledge of relevant design standards and good experience of managing design production and formal approach
* Good written and verbal communication skills. Ability to work independently, and lead and supervise others
* Proficient in use of Civils 3D and AutoCAD
* Experience of use of Microdrainage software.
What we offer you:
a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. We support our people to innovate, collaborate and build meaningful careers. Our network of people and knowledge will expand your horizons and give you access to a variety of interesting projects.
employees are rewarded with competitive salaries, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD
If you are interested please click and apply with your cv