Project Engineer (Pre-Construction & Work Winning)
Overview: Representing the Structures Discipline to include work on RC & Precast Concrete Frames, Basements and general civils & structures elements on self-delivered projects.
Scope: Mixed-use developments, High Rise, Schools, Hospitals and various Mega Projects
Location: Dartford – Contact the team for other locations
Laing O’Rourke has some incredible opportunities for Project Engineers to get involved in winning the work they will ultimately delivery. We have a need for several areas that include civils and structures, basements, RC and precast concrete frames for some amazing buildings. All being able to utilise Laing O’Rourke’s extensive delivery capabilities and off-site manufacturing facility. Due to our operating model there is also significant opportunities on our current projects to keep you challenged whilst the work continues to be won.
You will get to work closely with Estimators, Planners, Bid Leaders, Commercial Managers, Digital Engineering and other Delivery Engineers.
Our work winning teams have worked on, and continue to work on some major engineering projects. These include Hinkley, HS2, The Grange University Hospital, Manchester Airport Transformation, Francis Crick Institute, Olympia development and Whiteleys development to name a few.
Where we need your skills in work winning?
- Sequencing and construction methodology
- Geometry, load paths and stability advice
- Informing cost plans and value engineering
- Temporary works expertise
- Cranage and lift plans expertise
- Project logistics, pour layouts and concrete pumping strategies
- General civil & structural engineering delivery expertise
Some of the expertise required at delivery stage include:
- Working to UK engineering standards and assurance
- Temporary Works Coordination – Formwork, propping, falsework, lifting equipment.
- Reinforced concrete (RC), structures and frames packages of work – self delivery
- Precast concrete (PC), structures and frames packages of work – self delivery
- Construction methodology
- Analysing 3D models for buildability and suggesting improvements or alternatives
- Lookaheads and feasibility of design
- Helping the engineering team to understand what is required for delivery, directly communicating to them and helping to control onsite activities
- Looking after a team of engineering professionals with line management responsibility
- Interfacing with the Construction Managers, Senior Project Manager and Principal Engineers
- Opportunity to work with the digital engineering team and trial digital methods
The roles are based at our head office in Dartford, but we can still use your expertise on other projects when you are not waiting on the outcome of bids. Due to our excellent pipeline of short and medium work there is plenty to keep you busy.
We are looking for engineers that are interested in self-delivery projects. The sections of work involve a lot of reinforced concrete, off site manufacturing and digital engineering. You will be working closely with the engineering teams and our digital engineering teams who often model the construction before delivering on site.
Don’t match all the criteria? We are always happy to hear from people with transferable skill sets and a commitment to learning.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now by clicking 'Apply' below or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O’Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O’Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O’Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.