Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer
Senior/Principal Geotechnical Engineer - Permanent - South Birmingham
Your new company
Do to the increase in work load my client is looking for a Senior or Principal Geotechnical Engineer to join the business. Established 40 years ago they have a strong position in the market providing independent services and technical advice to Commercial and Industrial Organisations, Private Businesses, Local Authorities, Health Authorities and Universities.
Your new role
Projects typically include the inspection and assessment of embankments, cuttings, retaining walls, culverts and drainage assets predominantly within the rail network, the consideration of options for remedial or upgrading works and the design and specification of practical solutions. The successful candidate will undertake the role of CRE and be responsible for preparation of project plans, implementing site surveys, coordinating and supervising the design teams, management and checking of designs, preparation of reports, specifications and drawings, allocation of resources, budgetary control and ensuring works are completed to project specific requirements and in accordance with our HSQE procedures. Responsibilities will also include mentoring and coaching of design engineers, liaison with clients and suppliers and development of commercial and contractual arrangements.
What you'll need to succeed
- Bachelor's Degree and Masters/MEng in geotechnical/civils discipline Chartered Engineer (or near-chartered) 5+ years relevant experience
- Strong geotechnical design/analytical capability in relation to slope stability, retaining walls, pile design, anchors, soil nails, foundations, drainage.
- Experience in the preparation of construction drawings, specifications and designers risk assessments
- Good understanding of ground investigation methods and interpretation of ground investigation results.
- Ability to identify and assess defects/instability features in earthworks, retaining walls and drainage systems.
- Experience in the design and specification of remedial solutions and preparation of options.
- Experience in preparing geotechnical desk study and interpretative reports.
- Experience of working in the rail environment desirable.
- Experience in managing geotechnical projects.
- Experience of costing works and budget control.
- Experience of liaising with clients and suppliers.
- Experience of producing and working to design programmes.
- Ability to work alone and within a team.
- Previous appointment as CRE would be advantageous.
- Knowledge of industry standard software (e.g. Slope/W, WALLAP, REPUTE, TEDDS, AutoCAD etc.).
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.