Civil Design Engineer
Civil Design Engineer needed by a Civil & Structural Design Consultancy in Essex.
The company provides civil and structural engineering services on
residential, commercial, industrial, healthcare and retail building projects to Clients
such as Developers, Contractors and others who invest in the built environment. This
includes new build as well as maintenance and refurbishment projects.
* Minimum 4 years post-graduate experience
* Highly computer literate, Civils 3D, Autocad, WinDes essential
* Good written English
* Working knowledge of planning procedures, Section 38, 278, 104 and 106 Legal
Agreements and CDM Regulations
Tasks & Responsibilities:
* Design of estate roads and highway schemes including ability to design and
develop planning layout and levels.
* Design of foul and surface water drainage and attenuation systems including
a knowledge of sustainable drainage systems.
* Car park and hard-standing layout and design.
* Assist in negotiation of technical approvals.
* Deal with statutory undertakers regarding service diversions and new
* Visit site, attending meetings and check progress of work.
* Ensure projects are running to schedule.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Must be self-motivating with the ability to organise and prioritise workload.
* Must be capable of working under own direction whilst remaining a team
player at all times.
* Should be a clear thinker and capable of making considered judgements.
- 4 x salary life insurance
- Profit share/annual bonus
- Company sick pay scheme
- 23 days holiday
- Standard 37.5 hour week
If interested, please apply with your CV.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.