Principal Sponsor - Capital Renewable Programme - 12 months plus - £345 per day
Your new company
The role is accountable for sponsoring projects/elements of programmes within the Surface/Major Investment Programme in a complex stakeholder and political environment. The post holder will support delivery of programmes and projects relating to investment in assets and borough / third party highways or land. The role is responsible for facilitating planned works and ensuring proposals meet requirements in respect of definition, governance, execution and benefits realisation.
Working with the Portfolio Sponsor and to the Lead Sponsor, the post holder will ensure the development of the necessary plans and stakeholder relationships to effectively sponsor elements of infrastructure projects/programmes in line with organisation requirements. The post holder will be responsible for collaborating with internal stakeholders and external delivery partners to ensure delivery
Your new role
Accountable for the identification and realisation of the benefits of elements of infrastructure projects/programmes within the Surface Investment Programme.
Identifying key internal and external stakeholders and delivery partners and developing and maintaining strong working relationships to support oversight and delivery of projects and programmes.
Managing cross-business input into elements of infrastructure projects/programmes, ensuring resources are optimised to meet business objectives. Negotiation around trade-offs of network impacts and benefits to ensure schemes meet requirements. Identifying synergies to derive maximum benefit from the investment programmes.
What you'll need to succeed
* Experience of delivering or sponsoring highway or infrastructure related projects/programmes in large complex, regulated organisations where there are multiple interfaces, and delivering to time and budget.
* Experience of using diplomacy to influence and support external delivery partners in achieving joint objectives.
* Experience of financial management and budget setting, governance, risk management, business case development, problem-solving and benefits management and realisation.
* Experience of programme prioritisation, balancing conflicting requirements and demands.
* Experience of negotiating with challenging stakeholders and of representing your organisation in an external setting.
* Ideally you will have a degree level education, membership of a relevant professional body, or equivalent experience.
* Ideally you will hold a recognised project management qualification (e.g. APM Practitioner or equivalent) and/or membership of APM or equivalent.
* Thorough understanding of transport in London, including transport planning and emerging best practice.
* Considerable knowledge of project sponsorship in the public sector.
* Thorough understanding of management and delivery of schemes relevant to a highway and transport authority, including knowledge of delivery process in boroughs.
* In depth knowledge of project management processes, governance and stakeholder and supply chain management techniques.
* Working knowledge of transport infrastructure related consents, safety protocols, design standards and modelling
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available, the role will interview and commence remotely. The day rate will be about £345 per day and finance is in place for a minimum 12 month period. A fantastic opportunity to join a prestigious organisation working on some fantastic projects.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Principal Sponsor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly