Principal Sponsor - Surface Major Projects - Unique position. 12 months plus contract - £345 per day
Your new company
Lead a team to sponsor defined infrastructure projects and programmes under the Capital Investment programme and deliver the benefits and outcomes defined in the asset strategies and plans.
To develop an optimised and fully coordinated programme that maximises benefits, meets customers needs and seeks commercial opportunities. Working closely across the business and with stakeholders to understand constraints and identify opportunities.
Your new role
- Sponsor a number of projects and programmes at all stages, including allocation of discrete projects and programmes to Senior Sponsors, leading the development of the programme strategy/plan for their specific projects and programmes, working closely across the business to understand constraints and identify opportunities.
- Produce relevant project business cases (in accordance with TfL guidance), sponsors' requirements, scope and benefits realisation strategy, and ensure adequate control of any changes. Work closely across the business to understand constraints and identify opportunities. Responsible for the assurance of requirements and the delivery of benefits to the business for their specific programmes and projects.
- Ensure that financial and progress reporting is appropriate, timely and in accordance with relevant governance and process requirements, notably TfL Pathway, and provide necessary commentary and explanation on all aspects including issues, risks, costs and benefits, and, as necessary, provide supporting papers and reports.
- Develop and maintain a network of key contacts inside and outside the business to ensure that delivery remains aligned with the long-term requirements of internal and external customers.
- Determine the support and approval requirements needed from Engineering and Technical Services and any other specialist internal and external advice necessary to inform the project requirements, assurance and approval processes. Lead on the co-ordination and application of this support as required for the project.
- Assure that value is fully considered in the development of schemes (including costs, benefits, safety, reliability, maintainability, environment and commercialisation) while ensuring outcome, customer and management requirements and standards are applied appropriately across projects and, where appropriate, research and benchmarking are used to inform decisions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Ideally you will have a degree level qualification in a relevant field or equivalent business experience
- Practitioner level knowledge of transport infrastructure, planning consents, civil engineering, infrastructure management and construction
- Knowledge of the principles of asset management and whole life cost principles
- Appreciation of forms of contract, methods of delivery and benefits management
- Knowledge of project and programme management methods and techniques and an appreciation of procurement and contract management
- Knowledge of consents and relevant legislation e.g. Town planning legislation / safety legislation
- Knowledge of value management / value engineering techniques and whole life asset management principles
Experienced in leading groups of professional and stakeholders
- Experience of sponsorship, development and / or delivery of major (£10m+) projects or programmes, with responsibility for scheme specification, justification, outturn performance and benefits
- Experience in consultation and communication activities with stakeholders with regards to transport infrastructure or a related field
- Experience in the development of business cases and the realisation of benefits
- Experience of taking projects or programmes through local planning or consents applications
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available and both interview and start will be as soon as possible and entirely remote. You will get the opportunity to work for a prestigious organisation on a large complex project and for a decent length of contract.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Principal Sponsor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly