Senior Temporary Works Engineer
Senior Temporary Works Engineer - Permanent - Walsall
Your new company
One of the world's foremost support services and construction companies, operating in the public and private sectors in the UK and internationally. They offer advice, design, construction, equipment, facilities management and front-line public services.
Your new role
- Take the lead in managing the engineering interface between the company and the customer for individual projects involving frequent direct contact with customers to agree progress, discuss future project needs and negotiate deadlines for submission of technical work. Effectively plan own time and that of others allocated to you. Proactively ensure that deadlines and requirements are met.
- Where the volume of work dictates, to manage an interim project team of Engineering Staff in order to satisfy the needs of the project and to report project progress in a consistent format to senior member of staff.
- Alternatively to the two paragraphs above, carry out on a regular basis engineering design work of a more complex, intricate or specialized nature or utilizing advanced software than that usually carried out by a Temporary Works Engineer.
- To convert complex technical enquiries with high engineering content from customers and the Sales Team into drawings and quotations for the supply of company equipment on a hire and sale basis.
- To provide guidance/reviewing/checking in calculations and applications to others where appropriately required
- To provide a service to customers and the Sales Team by resolving engineering queries of a complex nature
- In conjunction with the Engineering Manager take an active role in the training, development and mentoring of junior designers.
- To set an example to other members of staff in the level of professionalism and performance expected.
What you'll need to succeed
- Must be chartered or very nearly chartered
- Very much a design role, some CAD work but focus on design using Microstation
- Require strong design skills and good experience designing above ground temporary works with proprietary and special equipment.
- Design and production of safe structures/equipment in accordance with appropriate standards, product data using recognized and well established methods of analysis and adequate factors of safety against failure.
- Must have good steelwork design skills including connections.
- Must work well in a team and be proactive at solving problems.
- Must be self-motivated and need limited support
- Good opportunity to be important member of team
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a highly competitive salary along with a range of fantastic benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Senior Temporary Works Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly