Estimator - Rail
Estimator | Rail | Hertfordshire
Your new role
- Ensure all tender correspondence is recorded and logged
- Review contents of tender documentation and provide feasibility advice
- Co-ordinate the tender preparation documents submitted by other departments, ensuring that they adequately address the client's requirements
- Ensure 'estimates for work' take adequate account of applicable legislation and recognised industry standards on health, safety, quality and environment
- Prepare all necessary information on the technical and commercial aspects for submission.
- Identify potential opportunity / risk and evaluate options Prepare bills of quantities / schedule of rates for tender applications and first principle estimates
- Prepare and submit tender queries / clarifications Prepare and submit subcontract enquiries in line with company processes Review subcontract tender submissions for compliance and inclusion into the estimate
- Monitor contract compliance against statutory requirements
What you'll need to succeed
- Formal qualification in Civil Engineering or Construction (ideally HNC or above);
- Time Management, Financial & Commercial knowledge;
- Effective communicator;
- Multi-disciplinary estimating experience in the Construction/Rail Industry;
- Detailed knowledge of at least one railway discipline eg. Track, signalling, electrification, civils. (Preferably Civil Engineering).
What you'll get in return
Competitive Salary & Benefits
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Apply for Estimator - Rail
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly