Principal / Associate Civil Engineer
A fantastic opportunity has come up for a Principal / Associate Civil Engineer to join a leading firm who pride themselves on offering first-class civil design on a wide variety of projects both throughout the UK and internationally.
The skilled and experienced Principal / Associate Civil Engineer will join their Birmingham office and will play a leading role in the growth and development of their civil engineering team. They have a fantastic pipeline of work which includes projects from the Midlands, across the UK and around the world.
The ideal candidate will shape the engineering of some of the most exciting and prestigious civil infrastructure (drainage, flood risk assessments, highways, earthworks and building infrastructure) design projects in the UK and worldwide and will therefore have a background in the design of infrastructure (roads, drainage, earthworks) for both highway and drainage authorities (design to adoptable standards) and developers, taking schemes from initial concept/risk identification, through appropriate approval processes and on to detailed design for construction.
- Support current clients' requirements by managing the delivery of projects and securing planning permissions for development proposals
- Work closely with clients with responsibility for maintaining and enhancing existing relationships,
- Undertake marketing and business development activities to expand existing client base.
- Provide technical expertise to colleagues to support multi-disciplinary projects and help to promote the profile of the civils team within the company
- Strong financial management skills are required to support the Director in maintaining the strong financial performance of the team and enabling its future growth.
- A degree (or equivalent) in Civil Engineering,
- A chartered engineer (CEng or equivalent),
- Significant practical experience of civil engineering within a consultancy environment,
- An accomplished level of relevant IT skills in design software including AutoCAD, Windes and Civil 3D,
- A knowledge of the local construction market within Birmingham and the Midlands,
- Experience of infrastructure as part of buildings projects working closely with other disciplines would also be an advantage.
You will have a portfolio of built environment experience demonstrating your quality and client focused approach, and have the ability to manage multiple large scale projects and less experienced engineers to deliver to, and exceed client expectations. Crucially, you have a passion for creative, sustainable and intuitive design.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a highly reputable firm who currently hold some of the most notable design projects. To apply, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham at Conrad Consulting or call on 01728 726126.
Apply for Principal / Associate Civil Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly