Principal Civil Engineer
Are you ready to drive your career forward by stepping into a fantastic new role as a Principal Civil Engineer?
Due to an increase in workload, an excellent opportunity has been created by our client, an established multidisciplinary consultancy, for a Principal Civil Engineer to join them on a full-time permanent basis.
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft teams however, once employees return to their offices near Oxford you will be able to join this busy team there in what is a friendly and supportive working environment.
Responsibilities of the civils team:
- Site appraisals, feasibility studies,
- Pre-application planning advice, technical support for outline and detailed planning applications and the approval of reserved matters, discharging planning conditions,
- Production of pre-planning reports, including Flood Risk Assessments, Foul Drainage & Utility Assessments
- Preparation of detailed design information for construction
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- A Chartered engineer (or working towards Chartership)
- A minimum of 7 years' post-qualification experience in Civil Engineering design
- Expertise in infrastructure, highways and drainage design to deliver multi-disciplinary projects
- Experience dealing with adoption agreements for roads and drainage
- Expert in the use of relevant industry-standard design software packages
- Experience of dealing with clients and other members of a professional team
- An ability to communicate effectively, writing clear and concise emails, letters and reports
- A good commercial awareness and experience of managing day to day project finances and instructions,
- An ability to work well with others as part of a team and to demonstrate leadership
Our client is offering the successful Principal Civil Engineer a competitive salary & benefits package along with plenty of opportunity to challenge yourself and build on your existing skillset within an experienced & highly skilled team of professionals. This firm boasts an excellent staff retention rate, and you will be working within a friendly & supportive working environment where you will be a valued member of the team.
If this Principal Civil Engineer vacancy is of interest to you and you'd like to hear more details, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.