Structural Engineering Design Manager
A Structural Engineering Design Manager position has become available with a design and build contractor, based in Luton.The company specialise in basement and foundations design and build. They have a design team of 7 in the office and a further 50 staff out on site. You will be leading design projects, reporting in to the company's pre-construction director. You will be delegating design work to more junior members of staff while doing design checks/coordination along with some technical design yourself.
The company has a design team based in Poland to support the team in the UK. You will be coordinating the design work between the two offices as well.
The ideal candidate:
- Chartership essential, and ongoing membership of a relevant Engineering Institution
- Many years of UK Based Design experience
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations
- Experience in design and detailing of RC structures to BS and EC
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects.
- Ability to manage others
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team player, as well as ability to work alone with minimal supervision
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Strong IT skills -Bluebeam and Microsoft Office essential. (Excel & Word)
- Willing to take ownership of a work task, produce the information required to high standard, within the time scales set
- Confident communicator
- Ability to learn and self-improve
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Sofistik, with practical knowledge in the foundation industry * Must have an engineering background with a degree in Structural Engineering - BEng, MEng or MSc
The company is offering a competitive salary and benefits. This position will be based in the office, 5 days per week.
If interested, please apply with your CV.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.