We are working with a long established and hugely successful multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy to help find them find an enthusiastic Structural Engineer to join their small and growing structures team on a full time permanent basis.
As a structural Engineer you will produce detailed designs for structural engineering projects within agreed resource, budgetary and time constraints.
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft teams however, once employees return to their offices in Hartlepool you will be able to join this small and supportive team there.
- Prepare structural calculations, specifications, reports and general correspondence.
- Produce construction drawings using CAD.
- Brief and supervise CAD Technicians.
- Liaise & communicate with external professionals and clients.
- Site inspections/surveys.
- A degree in civil or structural engineering,
- Ability to design in structural steel, reinforced concrete, masonry and timber,
- Understanding of soil mechanics and familiarity with the Site Investigation process, with particular reference to foundation design,
- A good working knowledge of the following software; Fastrak Building Designer, TEDDS, CSC Structural Office, RCC Spread Sheets,
- Good written and verbal communication skills,
- Ability to manage own workload within agreed time scales.
In return the successful Structural Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary & benefits package.
If you would like to know more about our client & this vacancy, please forward an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply.