Conrad Consulting is working with a specialist firm who focus on engineering solutions for new build foundations in London, Home Counties and the south coast. They pride themselves on
establishing lasting relationships with clients by offering them value added solutions and first class customer service and communication.
They are have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Design Manager to join their team which is based in Luton on a full time permanent basis. As a Design Manager you will be responsible for the detailed structural design functions of secured projects within their business.
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft teams however, once employees return to their offices in Luton you will be able to join the team there with the opportunity to work from home for 3 days a week.
Responsibilities of the Design Manager:
- Solving engineering challenges using extensive detailed design experience and knowledge of the relevant design codes & CDM requirements,
- Reviewing design information or detailed design, highlighting any commercial risks to the business,
- Identifying any outstanding information required for detailed design,
- Arrange and/or attend design team meetings, as required,
- Manage external design teams, ensuring deadlines, quality and design budgets are met,
- Check sub-contractor's drawings, schedules and calculations using SDF Check Lists,
- Issue approved SDF design drawings and report to Document Controller for external issue,
- Manage detailed design programme to ensure committed dates are hit and the site teams.
- A degree in structural engineering,
- Must be a Chartered engineer with ongoing membership of a relevant Engineering Institution,
- A minimum of 10+ Years of UK Based Design experience,
- Excellent knowledge of construction methods and regulations,
- Experience in design and detailing of RC structures to BS and EC,
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects and to manage others,
- Excellent inter-personal skills and team player, as well as ability to work alone with minimal supervision,
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail,
- Willing to take ownership of a work task, produce the information required to high standard, within the time scales set,
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Sofistik, with practical knowledge in the foundation industry.
If you would like to know more about this exciting Design Manager vacancy, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply - suitable applicants will be contacted with further details.