Senior Drainage Engineer
Senior Drainage Engineer | Leading Multi-Disciplinary Consultancy | Glasgow
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working with one of the most respected multi-disciplinary consultancies in the world to appoint a Senior Drainage Engineer to their Glasgow office. After a number of project wins, they are keen to strengthen their existing team.
Your new role
As a Senior Engineer, you will be required to undertake a key role in the design of Infrastructure, Transportation and private developer projects. There will be an emphasis on highway drainage and development drainage including SuDS. . Other responsibilities include:
- Leading the design of drainage designs from concept to detailed design and construction, as stand-alone projects or as part of much larger multi-disciplinary schemes
- Promoting development of digital solutions in drainage design including full integration of designs within the BIM environment
- Overseeing and reviewing the production of drainage designs, models, calculations and drawings to relevant sectors, including providing technical assurance of designs
- Leading and encouraging the technical development of graduates and technicians within the wider team
- Managing and developing stakeholder relationships
- Providing technical input to the preparation of bids
What you'll need to succeed
- Professional qualification with the ICE, CIWEM or similar
- Strong design skills across across all aspects of drainage from conceptual layout to detailed design
- Familiarity with hydraulic design software, 3D design tools & BIM
- Ability to identify and respond to clients' demands in a very competitive market
- Good leadership qualities and a supportive approach to mentoring less experienced members of the team
What you'll get in return
You will be joining a diverse and flexible workforce, where a work life balance is not only supported, but encouraged. You will have the offer of flexible working where there is no fixed 9-5 and no requirement to spend all of your working time in the office. You will develop professionally through a portfolio of training and development activities designed to help you make the best of your abilities and talents. You will be offered a competitive salary, as well as a generous annual leave entitlement with the option to either buy or sell some of that leave.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.