Site Manager - Water Supervisor
Site Manager job based at sites in and around Northamptonshire. Specialist in delivering water infrastructure.
Your new company
An innovative and pro-active employer who support their customers with infrastructure installations. They have been established since 2006 and continue to go from strength to strength. Many of their clients consider them a partner and a market leader which others measure themselves against.
Your new role
You will support the Project Managers in the overseeing of schemes from onset to completion. Your main duties will include:
- Implement company, and customers, safety rules, instructions, and procedures.
- Actively monitor Contractors within your responsibility
- Ensure Risk Assessments are carried out at all stages of a project.
- Ensure that all statutory records, certificates, licenses, notifications and notices are in place.
- Conduct site safety inspections and complete associated paperwork.
- Carry out site audits on staff and contractors.
- Ensure that accidents and near misses and suitably reported, to the Project and Health and Safety Manager
- Report any concerns regarding SHE to the Project/ Operations manager and HESQ Department
- Knowledge of technical standards relevant to the site activities that they supervise
- Issue daily progress reports to the Project Manager
- Ensure extra works, if recognised, details are forwarded on to the Project Manager.
- Issue work instructions to staff and contractors, and ensure that they are fully understood and followed
- Ensure the accurate recording of closing and as-laid details
- Identify and inform the Company of commercial opportunities as appropriate
- Fulfil the role of Supervisor under the GIRS requirements scheme
- Assist in the scheduling of activities within projects.
- Liaise with customer/site manager to manage critical dates.
- Liaise with contractors and street works inspectors
What you'll need to succeed
You are a Site Manager with previous experience of in the installation and management of utility infrastructure. You hold a City and Guilds or equivalent in water engineering (or demonstrable level of achievement through experience). You have knowledge of the utility (electric, gas and water) industry and are certificated in the following areas:
- First Aid, preferred
- CSCS, preferred
- Manual Handling
- Health and Safety awareness
- NRSWA Supervisor, Preferred
You have good people management skills, are computer literate - skilled in use of Excel spreadsheets and Microsoft Project, and you have sound knowledge of H&S and its practical implications. Knowledge of CDM regulations, preferred.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and your package will include a company vehicle. You will also be supplied with a mobile phone and tablet. There is also an extensive benefits package including pension scheme, healthcare scheme and 23 days annual leave + statutory days. You will be joining a forward-thinking employer who actively promotes from within and aims to offer long term career prospects for all of their employees.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.