Structural Engineer | Bespoke Developer | Remote Working Available
Your new company
The services of Hays have been retained by a Developer based on the west coast of Scotland who specialise in bespoke residential, zero carbon homes. Due to a successful 2020 and continued plans for growth in 2021, they are now looking to establish their engineering division with the appointment of a Structural Engineer, offering a real opportunity for professional development.
What you'll need to succeed
- Our client is happy to consider applicants from Graduate level up to Chartered or Senior level Engineers, who can demonstrate high technical knowledge that will benefit the wider design team as well as clients.
- An interest in Passivhaus or super low-carbon design is critical as you will be expected to work closely with the architectural team to help with the development of intuitive and creative ways to reduce the carbon footprint on any given project - this could be anything from designing out steelworks to engineering a system to build foundations without using concrete!
- Experience handling design work, along with structural calculations for timber kit projects
- Excellent written and verbal skills, essential for communicating with colleagues and developing relationships with clients
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
- Full UK driving licence
Whilst this position does offer an opportunity to work remotely, you will be required to attend the office in Argyll at least once per week so should live within a reasonable proximity to the office.
What you'll get in return
This is a truly unique opportunity to join a successful developer during a continued period of growth and to help them grow further by establishing their engineering division. You will have the chance to really put your creativity to good use and enjoy every stage of the unique projects you are working on.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.