Senior Civil Engineer
Senior Civil Engineer job with competitive salary.
Your new company
A global employer who has offices in nearly 130 countries across the globe and who employs over 5000 people, they continue to grow rapidly and offer a wide range of services to their clients. This company gives a complete and thorough service to all their customers which leads to a a high volume of repeat business. They are now looking to increase their workforce with a Highways Technician who is looking to develop their career.
Your new role
You will be responsible for detailed calculations and assist in co-ordination of project design activities in accordance with the project requirements. Working across various projects, this is an exciting opportunity for a motivated and ambitious employee to work on high-profile projects and help solve problems that matter.
As a Senior Engineer your responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Supporting the Team in the technical delivery of projects
- Assisting in performing project reviews and co-ordination as required to ensure technical requirements are satisfied
- Specification and Report writing
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate
- Attending project/client meetings and assisting with site inspections and surveys as required
- Commercial awareness and cognisance of cost/time, budget implications
- Using own initiative and demonstrating independent working ability when required
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards
- Completing designs, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role
- Co-ordinate and manage drawings, checking CAD/ Revit design work completed by junior colleagues
- Taking responsibility for individual safety and the safety of others. Working in a safe manner at all time and reporting all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries
- Managing own continuous professional development and maintaining a good degree of discipline knowledge and awareness
- Attending and participating in knowledge sharing forums within the business as required
- Line-managing and mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise
What you'll need to succeed
You have a minimum 4 years relevant experience and a degree in the relevant area/discipline. You have proven experience of Line management and team working capabilities. You hold Chartered or Incorporated status with relevant professional body. You can demonstrate good computer skills in using Microsoft Office software as well as good verbal and written communication skills. Your organisational skills are excellent and you are able to manage own deadlines and competing priorities.
What you'll get in return
You will be offered a competitive salary and an extensive benefits package. You will be working for an innovative and pro-active organisation who will be able to offer a challenging career and the opportunity to improve your skills and diversify.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.