Senior/Principal Infrastructure Design Engineer
Senior/Principal Infrastructure Design Engineer needed by a Transport and Infrastructure Design Consultancy in Central London.
This is an exciting opportunity to be second in command of a team of 10 engineers/technicians. Reporting to the Infrastructure Team Leader, you will play an important role within the team including overseeing junior team members working to support with the delivery of projects. You will have the opportunity to work closely with private and public sector clients of all types and across all sectors locally and regionally. The company is dedicated to a sustainable future within infrastructure.
- Leading the delivery of technical outputs within the team;
- Developing highway designs in accordance with the Local Design Guides, MFS and DMRB and using AutoCAD and Civils 3D.
- Production of technical reports as required
- Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
- Accountability for checking, certifying and authorising for issue designs, documents, approvals, and reports.
- Technical input to the agreement and pricing of project briefs, proposals and deliverables with Project Managers.
- Produce technical design information including, drawings and specifications
- Deliver specified project outcomes on time, within budget and to the quality required
- Assist in the management workload, technical management, mentoring and oversight of junior staff
- Write and oversee the preparation of contract documents and technical reports
- Prepare resource plans, delivery programs, and fee proposals
- Undertake Health and Safety duties including ensuring a safe and healthy working environment for the design team and fulfilling responsibilities for safety in design
- Undertake business development activities and secure opportunities with new and existing clients.
- Ensure quality control
Skills and Attributes:
- Knowledge and experience of S278, S38 and S104 schemes including detailed highway & drainage design;
- Significant experience of highway technical design on major projects including a good understanding of design principles and the ability to practically apply them, knowledge of standard engineering practices and a demonstrable understanding of Health and Safety including CDM
- Show technical leadership and through experience mentor and guide the skills of others in computer based applications and tasks including use of software such as Civils3D, WinDES, and the Microsoft Office Suite of programmes including MS Project.
- Demonstrable experienced Highway Engineer in local authority and/or private sector
- Wide range of skills and projects including highways, cycling and public realm
- NEC3/4 experience
- Good communication skills including the preparation of technical reports
- Experience of managing junior colleagues
- Experience or a willingness to mentor and supervise more junior colleagues;
- Ability to work collaboratively with a range of project stakeholders
- Proven ability at a senior level
- Excellent written skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with colleagues and clients in and out of work
- Adaptable, self-motivated, enthusiastic and hard working
- BSc, BEng, or higher degree in Civil Engineering
- Working towards or have gained Incorporated or Chartered status and membership of a relevant professional institution (MICE)
This is a fantastic and rare opportunity to join a well established consultancy and play a key role in both technical design and management within a sizable Civil Engineering team. The company is offering a competitive salary and benefits package.
If interested, please apply with your CV in Word format.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.