Senior + Principal Geotechnical Specialists - Melbourne, Australia
Founded in New Zealand in 1959 as specialist geotechnical consultancy, Tonkin + Taylor has grown over the decades to be one of Australasia's premier geo-environmental consultancies with over 200 geotechnical professional, and nearly 1000 staff internationally.
Now firmly rooted in Australia, in Victoria, our growth has been based on quality technical work and close client collaboration on important projects in the private and public sectors across transportation, energy, land development, waste and industry. We are currently involved in some of the largest infrastructure projects in Victoria.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Principal Geotechnical Engineer or Engineering Geologist to help support a thriving and growing geotechnical team in our Melbourne office. To be successful in this challenging and rewarding role, you will have strong interpersonal skills, be confident interacting with clients and marketing, have excellent technical skills and enjoy developing young geotechnical professionals.
Furthermore, you will possess strong project management focus across small to large projects. You will have the opportunity to work across a diverse project portfolio, in a company where our pipeline is growing by the day.
We are incredibly passionate about the culture we are developing within our geotechnical team. If you are someone who values autonomy, mastery and purpose in your work and will thrive in a team environment where every day is different, we'd love to speak to you.
What we can offer?
- A consultancy business with a proud history in geotechnical engineering
- Proudly 100% employee owned and operated
- A commitment to training, support of your career ambitions and opportunities for development
- The opportunity to work alongside and be supported by world-class geotechnical experts
Role and responsibilities
- Providing geotechnical technical input into a diverse range of projects
- Interacting with clients, building relationships and marketing
- Collaborating in multi-disciplinary teams
- Mentoring and development of the geotechnical team
- BE (Geotechnical) or BSc (Engineering Geology) or equivalent
- CPEng or close to obtaining
- 15 years' + experience in consultancy
- Passionate about geotechnical engineering with a broad range of geotechnical expertise including geotechnical design for retaining structures and foundations, ground characterisation, earthworks, and ground improvement
- Ideally have local knowledge of ground conditions around Melbourne
- An innovative, collaborative person who works well in a team
- Strong marketing and client relationship skills
- An enquiring mind which can identify and deliver innovative solutions and provide value to clients
We provide a comprehensive suites of geotechnical and engineering geology services and expertise in Australia, supporting various market sectors to meet our clients' requirements. Our team of experts are trusted advisors to government and non-government organisations, councils and private enterprise.
T+T is not only a place to work - it's a place where your work will make a difference.
Interested? Click 'Apply for this job' and you will be redirected to our website.
For further information on Tonkin + Taylor, go to www.tonkintaylor.com.au or contact Dee Johnston at email@example.com
Tonkin + Taylor is committed to providing equal opportunities, and a work environment which is inclusive of all. We encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.