Principal process engineer
Senior / Principal Process engineer. Chemical engineer. Long term contract. £45 per hour in Manchester
Your new company
Our client provides an incredible range of design and engineering consultancy services to clients who demand exceptional results. Specialising in complex infrastructure, process and built environments across the full project life cycle, our disciplines range from initial architecture to civil and structural, building services, specialist high voltage and process engineering services, programme management and CDM consultancy, using the latest innovations in Building Information Modelling (BIM) for the most efficient and cost-effective design.
Your new role
The client is looking for Chartered Chemical Engineers with 4 years+ experience, for a pharmaceutical and chemical project based in their design office in Manchester. The role may require occasional site visits to client locations throughout the UK.
- Development of P&ID's and PFD's
- Heat and mass balance calculations
- Production of process datasheets, specifications, and schedules for equipment and packages
- Pressure drop and pump sizing calculations
- Attending HAZOP reviews and other risk assessments
- Equipment sizing calculations
- Obtaining quotations for equipment
- Technical Bid Analysis of equipment quotations
- Package and vendor management including review of vendor documentation
- Utility system specification, design, and capacity evaluation
- Checking of piping design documents, including checking isometrics and layout drawings
- Assist in plant layout development
- Ability to work to a programme, a fixed work-hour budget, and tight deadlines
What you'll need to succeed
You will ideally be a chartered chemical engineer with experience in chemical or pharma sectors.
What you'll get in return
this is a long term contract working for a large consultancy. £45 per hour rate.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.