Compliance Manager - Social Housing
Maintenance Compliance manager/ Facilities with strong technical compliance for Local Authority
A large rural local authority with own Housing Stock in Mid Wales are looking for someone with a maintenance background who understands statutory compliance.
* Engage with key stakeholders (internal and client) to ensure that they achieves statutory compliance across Housing and Corporate portfolios
* Provide support and advice to the Compliance Team, colleagues, and the Client by being the informed source of knowledge for all things relating to technical compliance.
* Effectively manage the Compliance Team to deliver the compliance service in the most efficient manner possible at all times to client satisfaction
* Ensure the Supply Chain (internal and external) is qualified and well-managed at all times in order that it can deliver the technical services required to facilitate technical compliance
* Highlight and facilitate resolution of any issues or risks which may impact on them in achieving its contractual and regulatory compliance obligations
* Conduct periodic internal reviews or audits (including Group Scorecards) to ensure that Technical and Regulatory Compliance procedures are adhered to.
* Perform regular inspection visits to ensure work undertaken by operatives and subcontractors is being performed to the standard required and in accordance with regulations and guidelines
* Pro-actively work with the Client and colleagues to reduce risk, and effect change leading to continual improvement
* Ensure up-to-date with technical compliance knowledge and impart to key stakeholders
* Ensure budgets are met, and opportunities are realised to increase revenue associated with compliance activities e.g. remedial works and asbestos surveys / sampling
The Ideal Candidate
* Proven technical compliance and operations management experience
* Detailed knowledge of Legal and Compliance Regulations relating to Facilities Management and SME knowledge of British Standard Documents and Hard FM Industry good practice such as CIBSE, HTM, and SFG20
* Engineering Management experience and a track record of delivering performance/service improvement to meet contractual targets
* Experience in managing remote teams
* Able to communicate, advise, negotiate and influence at all levels communicating difficult messages.
* Commercial acumen
* Experience of managing and delivering improvements through a supply chain
* Facility Management experience covering administrative, contractual and financial aspects of a facilities management contract.
* HTC/ HND / Degree in Electrical/Mechanical/Building Services Engineering or equivalent
* Membership of a professional body such as CIBSE
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.