Senior Civil/Geotechnical Engineer
Do you …
- Want to lead teams in the design of tailings dams?
- Thrive in the application of critical thinking when solving problems?
- Like solving complex problems and thinking “out of the box”?
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment, with high expectations for quality and technical excellence?
- Want to be part of a highly motivated team where relationships matter?
- Enjoy mentoring and being mentored?
- Like being part of a close-knit community?
- Value the environment and your community and want to leave a positive impact on both?
Intrigued? Read on - the details of your next career adventure are below.
What makes us stand out?
Aren’t all consultancies the same? We don’t think so. One of our tag lines “Down to Earth / Up to the Challenge” says a lot about who we are. Our staff are inquisitive, curious and dedicated to solving complex problems and our size allows us to draw on colleagues across the globe just as easily as if they were across the hall. In broad terms we think KCB’s primary differentiators are:
- our global reputation for technical excellence;
- appetite to tackle problems with unique complexities;
- real access to some of the sectors most amazing talent;
- our size (we’re a mid-sized consultancy); and
- the breadth of our multi-disciplinary services.
The right fit – it’s got to be mutual
We recognize that making a career move is a significant personal decision and, from our perspective, building a team of like-minded individuals is an important element to our success.
KCB Sudbury is looking for someone interested in taking a leadership role in tailings dam design who has: collaborated within multi-disciplinary project teams for the delivery of construction projects; developed and mentored others in construction management and quality assurance; delivered high-quality geotechnical services; and built and sustained excellent client relationships.
If you have 15 years of experience in civil or geotechnical engineering and want to take a leadership role in the development of a group of highly motivated individuals, then KCB is what you are looking for.
Our team is focused on working with clients to achieve their objectives, while leaving a positive impact on the environment and local communities. We specifically focus on the application of critical thinking as it applies to the management of mine waste and water, and our clients are some of the largest mining companies in the world. The right candidate will show flexibility and be energized by the prospect of working on sites all around the world. Registration as a Professional Engineer in Ontario, or eligibility to register, is a prerequisite.
Join us and you’ll find we really DO value your mining and tailings management knowledge, project management skills and experience.
Are you up to the challenge?
If this sounds like the perfect opportunity for you, simply apply on-line with your résumé quoting the job reference number 1604-M21.
We support, accommodate and are committed to employment equity and encourage applications from all qualified career seekers. We thank all candidates for applying, however only short-listed candidates will be contacted for an interview.