We are looking for a Project Engineer to join our world leading Marine Infrastructure Solutions department based in Falmouth, reporting to the Project Manager. As a Project Engineer you will assist in the successful preparation & delivery of 24hr/7-days a week marine construction projects by ensuring the high quality of deliverables required by our clients is achieved, checked & recorded. Health and Safety is a key focus of this role so you will also assist the Project Manager & Project Supervisor(s) to ensure that Health & Safety standards set by Fugro and our clients on projects are adhered to. You will draft method statements, risk assessments & lift plans to enable efficient & safe operations to take place which will create & maintain a positive health and safety culture.
This job is for you if:
- You strive to promote a safe working environment with efficient operations
- You are willing to work offshore on a rotational basis
- You have excellent time management skills and enjoy working in a high-pressure environment
- Who you’ll be working with:
- You will have ongoing contact during both the preparation & delivery phases of the project with the Project Manager & Project Supervisor to review progress and planned operations as well as to provide support for equipment logistics, engineering deliverables and quality assurance.
Here’s what a typical day would be like:
- Assisting the site team to ensure operations are completed as defined by the project documentation and RAMS and in line with all health and safety requirements
- Assisting with any co-ordination of sub-contractors, site visitors and all project associated logistics
- Providing comprehensive engineering/QA advice and information to the site team
- Coordinating all technical matters including maintaining communication with remote support services
- Attending regular safety briefings and circulating H&S materials
Who we’re looking for:
- A degree or HND level qualification or equivalent in a related subject
- Demonstrable experience in a construction management role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and CAD software
- Ability and desire to work offshore on a rota basis
- Offshore training – GWO/BOSIET preferable
- Offshore medical or ability to obtain a medical – UKOOG, ENG1 or similar
- Experience in marine construction, piling and/or drilling would be highly desired
What we’ll offer you:
Benefits of this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 20 days annual leave and private medical insurance.