Offshore Drilling Project Manager
We are seeking an Offshore Drilling Project Manager for our Marine Infrastructure Solutions (MIS) team based in Falmouth, Cornwall. Reporting to the MIS Business Unit Manager, you will be responsible for managing 24-hour drilling operations for Fugro, always leading by example to create a positive health and safety culture. As Offshore Drilling Project Manager, you will deliver an efficient level of productivity and produce high quality results whilst managing the site team in the operation, function and maintenance of the drilling equipment. You will ensure client satisfaction throughout the contract, building successful relationships with our clients and creating a client focused atmosphere with the team. The role will require you to work offshore on a rotational basis.
This job is for you if:
- You enjoy the challenge of working offshore on a regular basis
- You are adept at fostering strong relationships with clients and colleagues with a desire to lead from the front
- You are commercially astute and able to maximise project revenues whilst delivering on our commitments.
Who you’ll be working with:
Whilst onshore, you be working closely with the Project Manager to ensure any support functions required by the offshore team are met. This will also provide an opportunity to work with the wider Fugro team – engineering, workshops, procurement & the operations support department. As you introduce yourself, and work alongside, these differing sections within Fugro you will be able to build strong relationships which will be of a benefit during your offshore rotations.
Whilst offshore, you will be working closely with the Fugro Supervisors & Project Engineers – normally there will be 1No. of each per shift and you will act not only as link between the two but also as the driving force for operations & safety. You will lead the twice daily shift handovers and provide input into the Supervisors pre-start toolbox talks.
Here’s what a typical day would be like:
- Coordinating operations on site to ensure communication between all appropriate parties and that all activities are completed as per the project documentation.
- Leading the team on site, setting targets and work schedules and coaching the team where required.
- Coordinating all technical matters and ensuring the drilling staff operate the drill correctly.
- Understanding and delivering all commercial and contractual matters keeping control of cost expenditure
Who we’re looking for:
- Degree or HND Level or equivalent education in a related subject
- Demonstrable experience in a construction management role
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office and CAD software
- Ability and desire to work offshore on a rota basis
- Offshore training – GWO/BOSIET preferable
- Offshore medical or ability to obtain a medical – UKOOG, ENG1 or similar
- Excellent time and project management skills and the ability to work in high pressure environment
- Ability to work for, and with clients and stakeholders
- Experience in marine construction, piling and/or drilling would be highly desired
What we’ll offer you:
Benefits of this role include a competitive salary accompanied by an attractive package including contributory pension scheme, life assurance, 20 days annual leave and private medical insurance