Senior Structural Engineer
Our client, smaller sized engineering consultancy is seeking an ambitious senior structural engineer to work in the exciting, fast-paced environment of their Central London office. The successful candidate will spend a good degree of their time working on a £130m development consisting of blocks ranging between 8 to 12 stories and will therefore require experience of working on commercial projects. Good leadership capabilities are also required as you will be leading part of the project and will be required to manage more junior engineers (overseen by a director / Associate).
We would like to hear from a self-motivated engineer, who embraces responsibility, possesses strong technical and 3D analysis and design skills, and has a good understanding of construction. You should be highly personable, enjoy working in team environment and be skilled in collaboration with clients and other disciplines.
- A masters degree (2:1 or 1st) in civil or structural engineering from a top tier accredited university,
- Graduate membership with the IStructE and/or ICE and working towards becoming chartered,
- A minimum of 5 years' experience with 3-4 years relevant experience working on large and complex building projects,
- Comfortable designing with Eurocodes in steel & concrete,
- Excellent experience using structural design software including analysis and design of 3D structural models,
- A good knowledge of steel frame and concrete analysis in Tekla Structural Designer,
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to talk to architects and clients,
- The ability to sketch by hand as it is important to be able to produce hand sketches of structural details,
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft Teams however, once employees return to their offices in London you will be able to join the team there with the option to work from home for 3 days a week.
If you would like to know more about this Structural Engineer vacancy, please send your up to date CV to Graham Ventham to apply - suitable applicants will be contacted with further details.
Apply for Senior Structural Engineer
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly