We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join one of the world's most prestigious and major names in multi-disciplinary engineering services.
The Infrastructure Division in their Belfast office cover all aspects of multidisciplinary design and management from inception to detailed scheme design and delivery support and the Civil Engineer will support their increasing workload. Candidates are required to be self-motivated and able to work both independently as well as within a larger multi-disciplinary team in leading and managing packages of work to completion.
- Supporting the projects Team in designing schemes for both the public and private sectors;
- Preparing scheme drawings, from feasibility design through to detailed design;
- Utilizing 3-D design packages, including AutoCAD, Civil3D and Micro Drainage (or similar) to undertake drainage designs;
- Production of drainage designs, models and calculations to current design standards including the design of sustainable drainage solutions;
- Ensuring tasks are carried out within agreed timescales and budgets;
- Co-ordinating the drainage design process and integrating with architects and associated highways, environmental, geotechnical and structural engineers;
- Working alongside Clients and stakeholders on technical aspects of projects; and
- Keeping up-to-date with current methods and design guidelines.
- A degree in civil engineering,
- Working towards professional qualifications,
- Appropriate previous experience of working in this field,
- Ability to act on own initiative and operate in a proactive way,
- Ability to work collaboratively and integrate into multi-disciplinary teams or work independently,
- Proficient in the use of AutoCAD and Civil3D,
- Proficient in the use of hydraulic modelling software such as Micro Drainage,
- Experienced in preparing drawings, reports and specifications.
The successful Civil Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role.
If you would like to know more, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.