Structural Engineer - Team Leader
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a talented and experienced structural engineer to lead a small team as the existing Technical Director moves into a new role within the organisation. You should be ambitious, client facing and looking for the next step up in your career.
As the leading Structural Engineer, you will be working with a dedicated team on a diverse workload of Building Structures projects across industry sectors including healthcare, commercial, residential, leisure, retail and education.
Do you want to work on creative and innovative projects and grow the structures team? Do you want to work for a medium sized award-winning, Midlands company where you are not just a number and can make a meaningful contribution?
ONE Creative environments (ONE) is a long established, international and award-winning multi-disciplinary consultancy with ambitious plans for growth. They are looking for an ambitious Structural Engineer to lead their well-established structural engineering team in Worcester and to work on a varied portfolio of work.
The successful engineer will be responsible for overseeing a team, preparing structural design calculations, running their own projects including managing the costs and revenues, and attending design/site meetings both in the U.K. and overseas.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer IStructE or ICE.
- A minimum of 10 years' experience in an engineering consultancy.
- Good leadership and project management skills are essential requirements of this role.
- Experience and willingness to work on a broad range of structural engineering projects from small to large scale.
- Experience of sustainability and low carbon design.
- Experience of BIM processes.
- Experience of undertaking the design and project management of structural engineering projects including the production of structural designs, calculations, drawings and specifications.
- Experience and knowledge of structural analysis/finite element software including Robot and Navisworks.
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of British Standards.
- Eurocodes, Building Regulations and Health and Safety.
- Excellent numerical verbal/written communication skills.
- A flexible approach to travel is essential as part of this role.
The successful candidate will receive a highly competitive package, with remuneration being dependent upon experience and ability, scope for progression and the opportunity to work with a successful team to produce innovative, value added projects for a range of client types. ONE is an equal opportunities employer, Investor in People and provides training and career development opportunities. The role will be based at ONE’s Worcester HQ with remote working as appropriate during COVID-19.
If you would like to know more about this position, please click 'Apply' to send your up-to-date C.V. to Matt Tebbatt, Managing Director, to be considered - we are looking at making the appointment as soon as possible, once the right candidate is found.
ONE is always looking for talented individuals to join its growing team. If this position isn’t right for you but you would still like to work for an innovative and creative multi-disciplinary design company, contact ONE with your C.V. to be considered for other positions. We look forward to hearing from you.