Principal Rail Engineer (Structures)
We have an exciting opportunity for a Principal Rail Engineer to join an award winning multi-disciplinary engineering consultancy who pride themselves on providing innovative engineering solutions on a wide range of complex projects.
Based within the rail team of our clients office in St Albans this role will see you will working alongside some of the best engineers the industry has to offer with the opportunity to work on a wide portfolio of major rail structures projects across the UK.
- A Civil Engineering or equivalent degree (MEng preferred),
- A Chartered Engineer,
- Experience of composite steel/concrete, masonry, geotechnical and timber design to Eurocodes,
- Experienced in finite element software for the analysis of structures,
- Ideally designated CRE for civils for NR projects,
- Ability to work on own and within a team to meet project, client, company and personal objectives,
- Ability to mentor junior engineers and develop their technical abilities,
- Ability to present solutions for engineering problems in order to achieve cost effective designs and develop innovative solutions
- Awareness of the importance of costs and the need to complete projects on time and to budget.
The successful Principal Rail Engineer will be rewarded with a competitive salary, generous benefits package and a varied, challenging role. If you would like to know more, please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham to be considered.