Engineering Manager (Civil / Structural)
Our client is a multi-disciplinary engineering firm whose success has resulted in an exciting opportunity for them to appoint an Engineering Manager. The main purpose of the role will be to contribute to their vision of providing a fully integrated, high quality service to their clients which will reflect their passion for innovative and sustainable construction.
The successful candidate will work on a wide variety of challenging and interesting projects covering many different construction sectors throughout the UK, including healthcare, commercial offices, education, retail, mixed use and residential schemes.
Initially you will be required to work from home with interviews conducted by Microsoft teams however, once employees return to their offices in Bedford you will be able to join the team there in what is a friendly and supportive working environment.
- Ensure that projects assigned to the practice are properly and efficiently completed,
- Undertake engineering analysis and prepare calculations for structural and civil engineering projects.
- Provide technical support to include report writing and presentations.
- Negotiate fees for new projects as delegated by the Partners/Associates.
- Maintain good working relationships with clients, consultants and contractors.
- Attend design meetings, site meetings and carryout site inspections.
- Liaise and communicate clearly in a professional manner to clients, contractors and other designers and to offer advice and guidance on matters relating to your work.
- Work on projects in consideration to the agreed project budgetary limits and time tables.
- Submit and monitor invoices on projects under their responsibility.
- Mentor and train more junior members of staff.
- A degree in Civil or structural,
- A Chartered or near Chartered engineer,
- A minimum of 4 to 5 years relevant experience,
- Must have experience in TEDDS/Tekla/CAD/Revit knowledge,
- Flexible approach to work and able to work as part of a team.
- Good communication, interpersonal and team working skills.
- Good analytical and organisation skills.
- High level of IT proficiency.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure.
If you have a CV that demonstrates detailed the above mentioned experience and are interested in this unique and exciting opportunity please get in touch with Graham Ventham.