Principal Engineer (Civil / Structures)
Conrad Consulting is working with a leading construction, property, residential and services firm who operate globally undertaking significant construction and civil engineering for both temporary and permanent works.
They currently have a requirement in their Leeds office for a design engineer at Principal level, who is capable of managing their own workload to successfully deliver goals and achieve objectives.
As a Principal engineer you will regularly meet with clients, attending briefing and site visits, leading the development of fee proposals for review.
Your role will also include leading a design team of technical staff including engineers, complying with internal policies and procedures. You will also assist in Continued Professional Development for both yourself and the team and promoting the engineering profession.
Sectors include: Education, health, housing, defence, transport and power amongst others.
- Produce permanent Works design for buildings, highways, housing and infrastructure, as part of an integrated design and construct offering,
- Tender and bid winning support including outline design schemes, feasibility studies, production and evaluation of concepts,
- Provide design Management advice and co-ordination to support bid winning and project delivery, including acting as Lead Designer on projects requiring multidisciplinary teams or where Kier are required to take lead designer role,
- Resolution of technical project, construction and design issues, incidents, defects and failures; incident investigation, examining causes of failure, rectification analysis, review, advice and redesign,
- Identify technical risks and solutions to facilitate scoping, pricing, designing and construction,
- Develop and review engineering methods and software, including design or assessment spreadsheets and/or calculation templates.
- Chartered member of a relevant professional institution (e.g. ICE, IStructE) or able to demonstrate the required capability to attain such a qualification retrospectively,
- A minimum of 5 years' relevant postgraduate experience,
- Full UK driving licence,
- Valid CSCS card.
The Principal engineer they are seeking should have a collaborative and ever-evolving attitude to their role, with a focus on high quality delivery of service. You will understand implications of decisions and look for creative ways to improve your role and performance.
If you are an enthusiastic engineer with a forward thinking and collaborative approach, get in touch with Graham Ventham today to be considered for this role.