Senior Civil Engineering Technician
Senior Civil Engineering Technician Job, excellent future prospects, competitive salary based on experience.
Your new company
A leading global consultancy firm with nearly 5000 employees. They have offices in over 120 countries across the globe. They are proud of the quality tailored solutions they provide to their customer base which generates high volumes of repeat business and they are confident they can provide unparalleled opportunities to showcase your talents and truly develop your career.
Your new role
You will join a fast growing and pro-active team. Working within the Newark office but with flexibility for agile working, this is an exceptional opportunity for you if you are looking to develop your career. Your responsibilities will include:
- Working closely with Line Manager to assist in the technical delivery of projects
- Establishing and maintaining good relationships with external project team members as appropriate.
- Attending project / client meetings and assisting with site inspections and surveys as required.
- Conducting activities and producing outputs in line with relevant legislation and industry standards.
- Completing designs based on guidance from Line Manager, applying sound technical knowledge relevant to the role.
- Assisting in mentoring junior staff, providing advice and guidance to share technical expertise as appropriate.
- Carrying out work activities which support the Integrated Management System.
- Working in a safe manner at all times and reporting all health & safety incidents and concerns, including near misses, accidents, and injuries.
- Managing own continuous professional development and continually improving discipline knowledge and awareness.
What you'll need to succeed
You will have experience in a similar role with a good level of proficiency in Microdrainage and Revit or 3D Civils. You will have experience in a design environment with commercial and industrial building projects experience. You hold a minimum NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in relevant area / discipline of work and have proven minimum 2 years relevant experience. You can demonstrate good computer skills in using Microsoft Office software and the ability to use technical software relevant to the design discipline. You have good verbal and written communication skills and organisational skills to manage own deadlines and competing priorities.
What you'll get in return
You will be rewarded with a competitive salary, opportunities to invest and many other benefits including: Excellent holiday + bank holidays, Option to purchase up to 5 extra days per year, Company pension scheme, Share Incentive Scheme, Life Assurance, Cycle to Work Scheme, Health Screening, Employee Assistance Programme, Professional Memberships and commitment to on-going CPD. You will be provided with a flexible, friendly and creative environment to develop your skills and challenge yourself. You will be encouraged to innovate, collaborate and build a meaningful career.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.