Senior Project Structural Engineer (Heritage/Conservation)
Our client is an award winning Civil and Structural Engineering design practice and they currently have an opening in their Central London office for a Senior Project Structural Engineer with a real interest in historic buildings within the UK.
Their portfolio incudes a wide variety of historic building conservation projects and the ideal candidate will therefore have a strong theoretical and practical background in all structural materials on a variety of existing and new build projects in the heritage sector including refurbishment, conservation and adaptive re-use.
- Fee proposal compilation,
- Carry out site inspections,
- Structural appraisals and analysis,
- Report writing,
- Design of structural repairs, alterations and additions,
- Attend site, client and design meetings with a limited degree of supervision.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineering,
- A Chartered Structural Engineer, MIStructE or MICE,
- A minimum of 6 years' post-graduate experience within the UK,
- Proven UK experience of historic buildings,
- Aspiration to become CARE accredited advantageous but not essential,
- The ability and desire to mentor junior staff members.
The successful Senior Structural Project Engineer will be required to lead and run their own projects with the support of internal engineers, delegating work and mentoring junior members of staff.
In return you will be rewarded with a competitive salary & excellent benefits package along with exposure to a range of exciting projects.
If you are interested in this opportunity, please send an updated CV to Graham Ventham who will contact suitable candidates with more details.