Delivering certainty through the power of experience
Location: project-based, Manchester / NW
Laing O'Rourke's 2025 Mission to become the recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry is driven by innovation and with technical excellence in design, manufacturing and construction at its core.
Enterprise Solutions, Laing O'Rourke's BMS business will undertake a full 'Turnkey' BMS installation, comprising the design, supply, installation, testing and commissioning of the complete automatic control systems to provide control and monitoring of the mechanical engineering systems and plant installed on major flagship projects.
- To take the project from design, manufacture, installation, commissioning and soft-landing period of the BMS.
- Responsible for ensuring the project is delivered on time and on budget to a satisfied customer.
- Responsible for the commercial performance of the project including the preparation, submission and agreement of variations.
- Overall responsibility for health and safety management on all managed projects.
- Ensuring standard documents are continually used and maintained including the Schedule of Deliverables, Project Dashboard, Functional Design Specifications, Points Schedules, Panel Drawings, Technical submittals, RFI's, etc.
What do we look for?
- Proven track record of project management in the construction industry with experience in BMS and controls systems, M&E etc.
- Experience in producing and managing a programme of works
- Significant experience working to budgets of £1m - £6m
- Experience of managing health and safety in a construction environment
- Valid CSCS or ECS site card
Why Laing O'Rourke?
- Because of our passion for innovation, we strive to develop, retain and encourage hardworking people. At Laing O'Rourke, everything we do is underpinned by our dedication to be a great place to work. We know our people are our greatest asset and believe excellence is possible with a forward-thinking and diverse team.
- Exposure to the largest, most complex and innovative projects in the industry and a culture that nurtures passion and expertise in next generation construction methods and technology.
- World class remuneration and benefits package & commitment to extensive training, development and long-term career progression.
- We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
- With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
For further details of our Offsite Journey watch here: https://youtu.be/EhcpD13hbuo
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic and part time working. We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email