Senior Project Architect for an established practise in West London
A West London studio are currently looking to expand their team. Currently they have around 35 Architects and Technical staff members. With the introduction of yourself, as senior project architect, as key to the expansion and growth of their output.
What they offer:
- Salary of up to £60,000
- Opportunity to work on exciting high end residential projects
- An opportunity to develop your skill sets on new projects.
The Project Architect works closely with the Managing Director and is responsible for the following: Information Coordination Coordination of information between the Managing Director, the Design Team and the project team. Specifically:
Coordinate the release and receipt of drawings and information between the Design Team. Ensure file records are maintained and office protocols are adhered to by the project team including:
- Change Control
- Drawing Issues
- Drawing amendments
- BLDA CAD drawing standards
Design Team Meetings: Coordinate Design Team meetings with the Project Secretary. Prepare and issue meeting minutes.
Design Responsibilities Developing the project design in collaboration with the Managing Director. Specifically:
- Conceptual design, sketch design and presentation drawings / perspectives by hand and CAD,
- Development of the detail design with the project team,
- Develop the detail design with the in-house technical team and external consultants,
- Ensure the integrity of the design is maintained during the production information process.
Key Project Task Responsibilities
Production of a Project Programme with the Managing Director which defines the key stages of the project, and completion of project activities by the required dates. Specifically:
Pre-Planning, Planning and LB Application, Planning and LB Conditions;:
- Supervise the production of planning drawings and coordinate with the design team,
- Prepare Design and Access Statements,
- Arrange and attend pre-submission meetings with Planning and Design Officers,
- Prepare and submit Planning and Listed Building Consent applications,
- Coordinate the discharge of consent conditions.
- Supervise the production of building control drawings and coordinate with the design team,
- Submit Building Regulations submissions.
- Prepare / coordinate the issue of tender and tender-package information with regard to the key dates of the Project Programme.
- Administer the terms of the contract including regular site visits, recording site progress in accordance with office protocols, issue of certificates, monitoring of progress against programme, monitoring costs with QS and reporting to Managing Partner.