Laing O'Rourke, Expanded Structures working on the prestigious Olympia Development
At Laing O'Rourke a Senior Engineer is looking after Site and Section Engineers. Comparable to a Sub-Agent / Agent but with more direct responsibility for inhouse resources.
Part of the Laing O'Rourke Group, The Expanded Group provides a total capability in the early construction phases of major projects, providing an end-to-end solution or a bespoke choice of services. Backed by a central technical design and engineering resource, we can deliver the full range of demolition, site remediation, piling, precast concrete, post-tensioning and structures techniques.
Through Laing O'Rourke's unique self-delivery model, we provide a single-source solution for some of the worlds most recognised organisations, with an exciting pipeline of major projects in sectors such as healthcare, science & research, residential, commercial, rail and data centres.
Are you a Senior Engineer looking to step up and take charge of a team? If you are looking for a varied and rewarding career? Then join us on our quest to become recognised leader for innovation and excellence in the construction industry.
- Engineering Methods - Most appropriate engineering methods.
- Quality - Compliance and quality procedures including ITP implementation.
- Permanent woks and materials / plant - Know and understand engineering standards and guidance.
- Construction methods, practice and innovation - Knowledge of different methods, measurements and calculations.
- Temporary Works - Understand temporary works requirements and supervise or coordinate where necessary. Submit temporary works requests and work with Temporary work designers.
- Design process - Working with Design teams to communicate to teams
- Information and change control - Set up mechanisms for change control
- Manage project delivery - Development of plans, logistics, QA management and monitor performance.
- HSE - Work with the teams and H&S professionals to ensure safe working practices.
- Responsible for a team of engineers
The position is based near a main station hub close to Kensington. It is a permanent position offering excellent career development and upskilling. As a Senior Engineer you would have responsibility for a team of engineers and not just be looking after subcontractors. Talk to us about the potential of flexible, dynamic, job share and part time opportunities.
Other job titles include: Senior Civil Engineer, Sub-Agent/ Agent, Senior Delivery Engineer, RC Frame Engineer, Assistant Project Engineer.
Why Choose Us?
We are an innovative, forward thinking business who pride ourselves on the quality of our people and the projects we deliver.
We are committed to extensive training, development and long-term career opportunities and as such this role is suitable for a committed individual who is seeking long-term career opportunities.
In return you will be rewarded with leading company benefits that only a global business can offer as well as a competitive remuneration package.
Apply now or check out more about us at http://www.laingorourke.com/responsibility. We look forward to speaking with you soon.
With a heritage spanning over 160 years, Laing O'Rourke is an internationally focused engineering enterprise with world-class capabilities. We operate an integrated business model comprising the full range of engineering, construction and asset management services delivering single-source solutions for some of the world's most prestigious public and private organisations.
We really value difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation. We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel respected & valued for being themselves.
Talk to us about flexible, dynamic, job share and part time working options.
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process please email
To all recruitment agencies: Laing O'Rourke does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our vacancies, employees or any other person acting on behalf of us. Laing O'Rourke is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.