We are looking for a Senior Structures Engineer to join our team on our Cambridgeshire Highways contract.
Working as a Senior Structures Engineer you’ll support the bridge design team in Huntingdon. This professional services based role will encompass refurbishment, strengthening and new build of a variety of different types of highway structures but will also work as part of a larger projects team covering planning, design, construction and project management.
You’ll be responsible for:
- Preparing concept designs and feasibility/options reports.
- Undertaking, overseeing and reviewing the design and assessment of bridges and related highway structures including drawings and analysis models.
- Preparing technical reports and technical approval documentation.
- Working collaboratively with customers to understand and develop project objectives.
- Engaging with the wider project team including ECI with internal construction teams and and/or external contractors.
- Providing technical training, mentoring and line management to other team members.
- Civil Engineering or related degree to Bachelors or Masters level and
- Incorporated or Chartered Civil Engineer (desirable).
- Demonstrable experience in the practical and pragmatic design of bridges, particularly within the Local Authority environment.
- Proficiency in the use of structural analysis software such as LUSAS and Superstress.
- Extensive knowledge of Highways Agency standards and other design standards, such as Eurocodes.
- The ability to work effectively as both team member and people manager and the ability to work and communicate effectively within multidiscipline teams.
- Milestone Infrastructure sits within M Group Services Transport Division, positioned to support transport clients across the UK, supporting the safe movement of people via rail, aviation and highways.
As a business, people are at the heart of everything we do, whether they are our people, our clients, or the communities they serve. We are committed to behaving with integrity and in a sustainable manner, being mindful to the needs of our communities and the environment.
Our people are our greatest strength and ensuring their health, safety and wellbeing is our top priority. We invest in our workforce, engaging and empowering them, helping them to grow and develop with opportunities to train and learn.
At Milestone Infrastructure we recognise and value the benefits from our workforce diversity. We work hard to build and maintain inclusive environments and develop a culture where our people feel included and valued.