Conrad Consulting is pleased to offer an exclusive opportunity as one of our Scottish based clients prepares to launch their new Glasgow office. They are looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join them as their first appointment in this new office. You will be the focal point of their expansion offering you the chance to hand-pick your own team with their support and investment.
The position is best suited a Senior Structural Engineer, not necessarily Chartered, but someone who is comfortable "rolling up their sleeves" to deliver design work, while maintaining focus on the medium-term plan to grow the team. There is sufficient existing workload to appoint an Engineer and a Structural Technician in quick succession to support you.
- The current portfolio includes several extensive developments including commercial, industrial, healthcare, residential, retail and historic buildings
- Have secure multiple local authority frameworks to deliver education and healthcare facilities in the coming years offering long terms security
- Offer a mature working environment free from corporate style politics
- Have significant expansion plans
- You must have significant experience working for a consulting engineer in the UK or Ireland on building structures
- Chartered status is not essential although would be advantageous
- Comfortable working on a range of building types and construction materials
- Some experience mentoring Graduate Structural Engineers would be beneficial
- A reasonable commercial understanding
- Ambitious individual with aspirations of working towards a position as Partner
A competitive salary of £36,000 to £46,000 will be offered depending on your specific experience. A company benefits package will accompany this.
A hybrid working model is currently in place with the option available for both home and office working,
Please apply, attaching a copy of your updated CV and await contact from our Structural Engineering recruiter, Nick Grayston.