Join our Consulting Engineering firm in Outback Queensland Australia!
With a client base of local authorities, the Department of Transport and Main Roads, Queensland Health and numerous private clients, we provide first-class sustainable engineering solutions to communities in an area which exceeds 500,000 km2. We achieve this by working closely with our clients, guiding them through every stage of the project cycle. We help our clients to develop the scope of works for their project, enabling them to readily understand and achieve the engineering project outcomes they desire. Our proactive approach to continual improvement, delivery refinement to meet client needs and actively seeking alternative technologies and methodologies enables us to deliver professional and sustainable services.
GBA Consulting Engineers are currently seeking the services of a full time RPEQ Civil Engineer (5+ Years’ Experience) and a Civil Engineer in our Barcaldine office. The requirements for the position are outlined below.
- A degree in Civil Engineering.
- Current Queensland C Class Driver’s License.
RPEQ Civil Engineer:
- A degree in Civil Engineering with a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Registered Professional Engineer Queensland (RPEQ)
- Current Queensland C Class Driver’s License.
2. Main Duties/Responsibilities
The RPEQ Civil Engineer / Civil Engineer works within a collaborative and supportive team environment to provide the organisation with central engineering and systems support.
You will be exposed to a great variety of projects and career progression opportunities whilst working directly alongside other Engineers, Designers and Partners.
- Provide professional engineering advice to the firm’s customers and manage particular projects undertaken by local authorities in the pursuit of their day to day provision of services to their clients;
- To undertake the design, supervision and management of individual projects constructed by local authorities in remote parts of Western Queensland;
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing systems using designated protocols;
- To provide leadership and support to foster teamwork within individual Local Authority environments and to contribute as an effective member of the firms engineering team;
- To provide technical advice when requested to the Principals of the firm through your nominated supervisor;
- Other duties as directed by the principals and other senior staff.
- Experience in Local Government operations preferably in Queensland;
- A developing level of practical management skills, with the emphasis in the areas of Local Government services Engineering such as roadworks, water supply and wastewater options;
- A developing understanding of the TMR design requirements for arterial and rural roads in Western Queensland;
- A sound knowledge of contract and tender documents;
- Inspect project sites to ensure they meet relevant codes and are progressing accordingly;
- Ensure project feasibility through continual evaluation of structural integrity and design practicality;
- A sound knowledge of the basic infrastructure services provided to Local Government including rural and urban roadworks design and construction, water and wastewater design and construction;
- Compile and submit permit/funding applications to local, state and federal agencies, verifying that projects comply with various regulations;
- Prepare cost estimates for materials, equipment or labour to determine a project’s economic feasibility;
- Manage the repair, maintenance and replacement of public and private infrastructure.
- To be able to work within a team and alone on projects;
- Prioritise and Organisational skills;
- Strong communication skills;
- Multitasking capability;
- Professionalism in the workplace;
- Ability to relate to clients/colleagues and their families from diverse cultural and socio-economic backgrounds.
5. Performance Goals
GBA Consulting Engineers ensures employees’ works are to be carried out to meet WHS obligations and responsibilities as detailed in GBA’s policies and procedures and all other relevant legislative requirements and standards including the Council polices and local laws.
Employees are to exercise due diligence in acquiring and updating knowledge to maintain compliance with all GBA WHS systems, risk management processes and legislation.
All persons employed by GBA are required to contribute to continuous improvement of service delivery, operational guidelines and organisation policies and procedures ensuring that any quality requirements related to work undertaken are met.
- Report to the Partners of the firm and through those principals to the Chief Executive Officer of the firm’s clients;
- Coordinate with the firm’s Partners and the CEO’s of the firm’s clients regarding the day to day operations of specific areas of Local Authority operations;
- Liaise with the CEO’s and the Supervisors of the firms Local Authority clients to develop and implement programs across council function areas and provide general Engineering advice to such persons and relevant Council Engineering Departments.
Remuneration dependent on position applied for and experience. GBA provides:
- 12.5% superannuation contribution
- Long service leave
- 4 Weeks Annual Leave (inclusive of leave loading at 17.5%)
- 1 Weeks Regional Leave (no leave loading).
8. Contact Details
Applications can be made by:-
Mail:- 73 Elm Street, Barcaldine Q 4725
Visit our website: gbaengineers.com.au