Work Location: Town Hall Extension, off Mount Street, City Centre, Manchester, M2 5DB
Qualification Required: Yes, BSc or MCs In Structural or Civil Engineering
We are recruiting experienced professionals, with proven construction experience to join a dynamic service that delivers a complex programme of projects on behalf of the Council. This Structural Engineer appointment will contribute to the ongoing growth, delivery and development of the City Strategy.
The Capital Programme Division reports to the City Treasurer and is responsible for developing and delivering approximately £200m pa of Major and Minor Capital Programmes across the City. The Capital Programme Division continuously strives to improve the effectiveness of its design, project management and programme delivery capability.
Capital Programmes require suitably qualified Senior Structural Engineer to work on across a diverse portfolio of works. The successful candidates will have a degree in Structural or Civil Engineering at BSc/MSc level and be registered with a professional body such as MIStructE or MICE.
You will line manage and supervise 2 engineers, and must be competent in general structural engineering design, project management, inspecting and reporting on defects on all types of structures, possess a good working knowledge of building and planning legislation, Health and Safety Regulations, CDM Regulations and experience with contracts such as: PSPC, JCT and NEC 3/4 (ECC and/or TSC). Professionally they must be able to design, manage and deliver projects from commencement to completion within approved budgets, timescale and quality. CAD skills are required, plus a working knowledge of design packages such as Solidworks/ANSYS/Matlab/TEDDS.
Along with competitive salary we can offer:
- Membership of the Greater Manchester Pension Fund (a career average-salary scheme).
- A 35-hour working week.
- 25 days’ annual leave, rising to 30 days’ after five years.
- An Annual Leave Purchase Scheme, allowing you to buy up to 10 additional days’ leave via salary sacrifice.
- Agile working arrangements, giving you access to mobile-working technology and empowering you to work flexibly.
- Employee Discount Scheme e.g. Gym Membership, travel loans
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Personal Development Programme
- Annual Awards for Excellence and Staff Recognition
If you have the above experience and skills and would like to work in a dynamic and interesting environment we would like to hear from you.
This post requires a BSc or MCs In Structural or Civil Engineering.
For further information and the application process, please click the 'Apply' button below.