We would like to hear from individuals at all levels to support or lead the delivery of projects throughout their life cycle. We are looking to hear from Bridge professionals at all levels who hold experience in the design of rail and road bridges and associated structural engineering schemes from inspection and assessment, feasibility through to detailed design.
At AECOM, we believe infrastructure creates an opportunity for everyone. If you want to work on leading Bridges & Structures projects at home and globally, in a team with a market-leading flexible working culture that enables your professional development and that delivers unrivaled client service, then we would love to hear from you. Offering roles in most locations UK and Ireland.
You will have the opportunity to be involved in the delivery of major schemes within the Bridges sector following our success on a Civils Assessments Framework Agreement (CAFA), MSF (Managed Services Framework), DSF (Design Services Framework), Highways England’s Delivery Integration Partner (DIP) for schemes, TfL Engineering Consultancy Framework and many more.
With an exciting and growing project portfolio, there is no better time to join our UK Bridges & Structures team.
Please register your interest through application to this advert, and have an informal chat with our recruitment team.
Minimum Requirements :
Depending on your level of experience, we would be looking for a combination of the skills listed:
- · Able to take responsibility for leading small projects and sub-tasks from a technical perspective.
- · Bridge and related structural inspection assessment and design schemes
- · Knowledge of Eurocodes, British Standards and assessment codes
- · Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or Revit
- · Working knowledge of structural analysis software - Lusas or SBD preferred
- · Experience in the design of concrete, steel, timber and masonry structures
- · Experience of working within multidisciplinary teams.
- · Communication skills and able to represent AECOM in Client facing roles
- · Knowledge of Safety in Design principles and accustomed to working to a high standard in terms of H&S compliance
Preferred Qualifications :
BSc/BEng or equivalent.
Working towards or holding chartership with a relevant professional institution
Helping our employees achieve a healthy work-life balance is important to us. If you join AECOM, as well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also be able to explore flexible working arrangements through our FREEDOM TO GROW way of working. It gives you the permission, or empowerment, for you to find the working style that suits you best, balancing that with other commitments in your life, so that you can thrive and bring your best self to work.
Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
You’ll also be able to give back to communities with up to two paid CSR days each year. Through our charity, The AECOM Foundation, you can volunteer to support children in developing countries. And if you’re a member of the Reserve Forces you’ll receive an additional 15 days paid leave for training commitments.