A Quality, Health, Safety & Environment Manager job based in Stoke-on-Trent paying up to £50,000 DOE
Your new company
Hays are delighted to be working alongside a market leader in innovative gas solutions in the recruitment of a QHSE Manager to join their successful operation. With over 30 years experience, this company have grown from a small operation to being one of the leading specialists in their field.
Your new role
Your new role will be based predominantly from the Stoke-on-Trent office, however occasional travel to client premises may be required. You will be the primary contact for all quality, health & safety and environmental issues, and responsible for the application of the company QHSE system. Your main responsibilities will include:
- To provide and direct company-wide training on all relevant QHSE-related topics.
- Conduct QHSE audits in accordance with the company audit and inspection plans, designed to measure the level of compliance with both legislative and company requirements.
- Ensure that all findings from audits and inspections are communicated, actioned and closed to the required level.
- Manage the QHSE team to increase awareness of health and safety issues across the company and encourage staff engagement.
- Work in close partnership with all managers within the business to ensure a safe and environmentally sound working environment.
- Lead third-party company quality approvals.
- Represent the company at client meetings to provide safety advice and support.
- Take responsibility for the coordination of the company non-conformance process. Taking the lead on investigation and resolution of quality-related NCR's.
- Manage all QHSE Audits with the support from the team.
- Conduct any other ad-hoc duties within your skill-set as required.
Working hours are Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to succeed in this role you will:
- A proven track record in QHSE management and QHSE management standards (ISO9001, 14001, BS OHSAS18001/45001, Achilles UVDB Verify, experience with some/most).
- Auditor qualification and experience including client site works inspections/audits, and experience in performing audits/assessments of sub-contractors/suppliers.
- Experience of handling third-party auditors.
- Experience within the oil & gas industry will be especially desirable, and also experience within design, manufacturing and installation industries.
- Experience working with major gas infrastructure owners/providers - National Grid/SGN/Wales & West + Costain, Cadent etc would again be extremely desirable.
- Management of improvement programs & various improvement activities/techniques.
- NEBOSH diploma or equivalent. Formal qualification within environmental also desired, as for quality.
What you'll get in return
In return you will receive a basic salary of up to £50,000, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, and various other benefits including an attractive pensions scheme, life insurance, income protection and more.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.