Technology Engineer (Highways) required on a permanent basis with a reputable leading contractor.
The Technology Engineer will be part of a team reporting to the Technology Operations Manager and have responsibility for delivering proactive maintenance and faults they are assigned. The Technology Engineer will be responsible for safeguarding the welfare and health and safety of themselves and those working around them. They will take an active role in ensuring their own skills and knowledge are up to date and fit for purpose.
Previous experience working as a highway's technology engineer is essential for this role.
Tasks/Responsibilities as follows:
- Responsible for Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with general Health and Safety responsibilities.
- Be part of a step change in the delivery of technology maintenance services, bringing them in line with company and Highways England's aspirations.
- Responsible for delivering technology maintenance and fault response over the course of their shift.
- Report directly to the technology team leader on health and safety and progress during shifts they are working on.
- Work with the Technology Operations Manager to assist in developing the maintenance requirements plan.
- Report to technology Team Leader on activities undertaken during shifts they work.
- Enthusiastically identify early opportunities and highlight them to management to the benefit of of the company and their customers.
- Collaborate with key supply chain partners, other areas of the business and with their client to deliver exceptional service levels to customers. Ensure this collaboration takes place on their shifts.
- Help manage the key interface between the technology maintenance contract and the Highways England Control Centre.
- Lead themselves and work with others over the course of the shifts they work on.
- Work closely with the performance team to ensure faults are dealt with intelligently.
- Be responsible for delivering elements of the maintenance requirements plan assigned to them.
- Adopt a forward-thinking approach by identifying potential innovative techniques and products for the delivery of technology maintenance. Highlight these to management.
- Deputise for the technology team leader(s) when required.
- The technology engineer role is shift based on a 4 on 4 off shift pattern on nights, but need to remain flexible based on business needs.
Typical Skills/Experience as follows:
- Experience working as a highways technology maintenance engineer
- Understanding of Highways England technology systems including Technology Performance Manager Service (TPMS), Control Office Base System (COBS) and its subsystems, display equipment, CCTV, digital storage devices and motorway communications.
- Knowledge and application of current technologies, standards and best practice relating to Highways England`s Motorway and trunk road communications systems.
- Takes ownership of tasks and sees them through to completion.
- Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS)
- Desire to work collaboratively to find the root cause of issues and deliver a proactive maintenance approach.
- Desire to identify innovative technologies and solutions.
- Ability to learn and keep up to date with changes in highways technology standards and required statutory legislation.
- Computer literate and fully conversant with MS Office suite.
- Vocational qualification in technology related discipline to satisfy sector scheme requirements.
- Highways Electrical Registration Scheme (HERS) Sector 8 training relevant to role.
You can expect a competitive salary and an outstanding package that includes a matched pension scheme up to 7.5%, 26 days' annual leave + bank holidays (with the opportunity to buy or sell holiday) together with company share scheme options.