Conrad Consulting are pleased to be working with a company who pride themselves on playing an important role in preserving the built environment. Their aim is to always attempt to find the more sustainable option of repair and refurbishment as an alternative to demolition.
They have asked us to help them find a self motivated Structural Engineer to join them in their London office where the successful candidate will become the core of a well established technical team. This role will be centred around an understanding of masonry construction and will be suitable for an engineer who would like to broaden their horizons in this area. Training of these skills will be provided within the role.
Projects include: housing, offices, factories, bridges and churches.
- Undertake Masonry Beam and Wall Panel designs,
- Prepare engineering judgment based project remedial schemes and assess the validity of schemes proposed by external staff and network of approved Installers,
- Work with admin team to maintain the company Warranty Scheme and Insurance,.
- Liaise with contracted external Consultants; and support overseas technical enquiries,
- Join Area Managers and Approved Installers for challenging surveys and support the design process of repair schemes,
- On-going testing of existing and new products including CE marking procedure,
- Propose new repair methods and refine existing ones,
- Assist in the production of associated drawings.
- A degree in Civil or Structural Engineer,
- A minimum of 5 years' experience,
- Eagerness to learn the nuances of masonry defect diagnosis,
- Experience in masonry repairs would offer a big advantage,
- Able to self motivate, manage and prioritise workflow and provide a high level of reported information, prepared specifications and designs,
- Adaptability, Problem Solving, Verbal Communication, Operating Systems, Phone Skills, Customer Service, Quality Focus, PC Proficiency, Team Player.
If you feel that you have the desire to succeed in this specialist area of structural engineering please send an up to date CV to Graham Ventham.