Electrical Site Supervisor / Package Manager
Technical Expertise: Low voltage electrical packages
Location: Vauxhall, London
Overview: Representing the Geotechnical Piling discipline to include work on an array of piling projects in the South East region.
Permanent Position (Ask the team about flexible or part-time opportunities)
Are you an electrical engineering professional? Are you able to manage packages of work on LV systems? Then we have the opening for you on our Thames Tideway project as a LV Site Supervisor. Are you looking for some stability? Maybe your project is closing out? Then apply today.
The electrical supervisor will be responsible for the electrical onsite delivery works and provide co-ordination between specialist subcontractor's installation teams, and the Civils site-based construction teams.
Are you able to Manage installation works including supervision, daily briefings and liaison with the worksite teams? Do you supervise works on site, ensuring that works are completed in accordance with the approved ITP and Works information? You will also be signing off on completed works against the ITP. This includes the review and submission of completed documentation to the Project Manager.
Key duties include:
- Organisation, management and sign off of permits (TWUL Access/ Safe Isolations).
- Ensuring the Works run to the programme and delays are mitigated.
- Arrangement of Deliveries to the worksite through the Client Request System.
- Chair onsite prestart meetings with the Subcontractors and their installation team, ensuring that standards and H&S expectations are met.
- Maintaining a daily site diary and advising the Project Management and Commercial teams of installation issues.
- Completing installation and testing activities in line with the Programme. Maintaining excellent Health and Safety behaviours on site.
- Ensuring that regular safety reviews are conducted with the Project Manager.
- Arranging and coordinating Client and Supervisor Inspections for completed work against the approved ITP.
- Reviewing and signing off RAMs and installation/testing ITPs. Development and submission of RAMS for Self-delivered works.
- Witnessing testing activities (I/O integration testing, Electrical live / dead testing, etc)
- Support and record Worksite readiness reviews in advance of commencing Subcontractor works on site.
- Ensuring that PUWER inspections are maintained and tracked.
- Issue and manage electrical isolation permits
Due to the nature of the role you will need to hold the 18th Edition BS7671 with a good understanding of CDM. You will ideally be qualified to HNC / HND or equivalent in electrical engineering or have completed an apprenticeship. C&G inspection and testing would be advantageous.
The role will be based from Vauxhall, London and offers a long term permanent project along with additional opportunities in the LOR group.
We are an international engineering and construction company delivering state-of-the-art infrastructure and buildings projects for clients in the UK, Middle East and Australia.
Certainty, reliability, quality - this is what our clients want. And at Laing O'Rourke, we have more than 150 years of experience delivering it.
Laing O'Rourke's story is one of energy, passion, ambition, people and teamwork. We harness the power of our experience, stretching back over a century and a half to deliver certainty for our clients.
Diversity & Sustainability:
We value and care about difference at Laing O'Rourke and believe a diverse team drives innovation.
We are a global multicultural business committed to the inclusion of all employees, enabling everyone to feel accepted, respected & valued for being themselves.
We have set out far-reaching global sustainability targets including a commitment to achieve equal numbers of men and women amongst our global staff by 2033. For more information, please visit: https://www.laingorourke.com/company/sustainability/diversity/
We want to ensure our recruitment process is accessible to all. If you need the application form in an alternative format or you would like to know more about our recruitment process, please email